Organiser: Martyn Amess (M) 07768 106174
2016-17 U17 Friendly Leagues
The league weekends have been organised to not conflict with Colts League matches – though of course as the season progresses then any Colts re-arranged fixtures may mean a clash occurring. As this is a friendly league then please note that Colts league matches will always take preference over these.
The regulations are pretty simple – there really aren’t any as such! The purpose of this league is to give an opportunity for clubs who can field an U17s side to give their players competitive matches. Especially if you have players who may not play regularly in the full Colts side. To achieve that – as clubs you are free to change/alter any of these fixtures as you choose. If you have a lack of numbers, then maybe play your fixture as a 12’s – or even a 10s match. Simply make sure your opponents know what is happening. And, common sense is the key here. If a club can only field 12 players, then please don’t just turn up with a full squad of 22 and simply play endless subs – as a 50-0 benefits no one.
Some simple guidelines are as follows:
• Colts league games and cup competitions take absolute priority over the U17 friendly league.
• 50 points max difference
• Usual points apply with bonus points for 4 tries or losing by 7 or less
• Teams may play some U18’s in matches by prior arrangement with the opposition to ensure matches are fulfilled. Try to be realistic with this, it’s about the U17 boys playing competitive, enjoyable rugby, not win at all costs. Equally, U16s may play up providing the correct processes have been followed to ensure player safety.
• No match cards to send in but please send me an email with the score by the Wednesday following the match with the score and number of tries for each team. This way the Sussex website can be kept updated.
• The society will try to provide referees but if not it’s down to the home team to organise.
• There are no regulations around re-arrangements or specific dates to play matches. You can play on any day/time that suits both teams. You can switch venues – and re-arrangements can take place at any time during the season – or not at all. It’s about the boys getting game time. DO KEEP ME INFORMED OF CHANGES SO I CAN UPDATE THE SCHEDULE.